Monday, January 5, 2009

MAC Holiday Pigments Review

I bought both 08 holiday pigment sets. I thought- "what a steal at $29.50!" There are 5 colors in each holiday set, and MAC pigments usually sell for $18 or more in larger quantities.

Here's the rundown ~
The Cool Set: Frost, Quietly, Pinked Mauve, Teal and Reflects Red
The Warm Set: Melon, Gold Stroke, Gold Mode, Gold Dust, and Reflects Gold Antique

Bottom Line: Not worth it. I tried each, figuring I'd find at least one I liked in each set. The colors look amazing in the bottle, but there's little true color once applied. I ultimately returned both sets, sadly. This way, I can buy 3 full-sized awesome pigments for the same $60.
MAC isn't turning out the quality I'm wanting lately. Dame Edna is another case in point.

No comments:

Post a Comment